The Nea Thalpi Management cooperates closely with European gerontology centres in Germany and Switzerland. The aim of this cooperation is the continued scientific training and information regarding the developments in the field of gerontology, and the exchange of views and experiences on practical issues relating to the daily care of the elderly.
Institute of Gerontology at the University of Heidelberg:
The Institute of Gerontology was founded in 1986 by the former Minister of Health and Professor of Gerontology. Dr. Ursula Lehr. Since 1990 it is a research centre recognized by the World Health Organization on ageing issues. Since 1997, it works under the direction of Professor Dr.. Andreas Kruse, Special Adviser on Ageing, of the Department of Health and Social Welfare in Germany.
Some of the current topics of research are:
1) Recovery of older people from physical and mental illness
2) Development of tools for measuring the quality of life of people with dementia
3) Develop of educational programs for the conservation and enhancement of independent living for the elderly
4) Correlation of psychological factors with the onset of physical symptoms (Psychosomatik)
5) Education and learning ability in the third and fourth age under the light of the conservation and development of cognitive abilities of older individuals
6) Granting of degrees to teachers of Aged Care in Educational Institutions in Germany
Institut für Gerontologie an der Universität Heidelberg
Direktor Prof. Dr. Andreas Kruse
Bergheimer Str. 20, HD-69115 Heidelberg
Tel: +49 6221 54 81 81 | Fax: + 49 6221 54 59 61
Aged Care Unit «Sonnweid»
The Aged Care Unit «Sonnweid» Zurich is the first and largest centre in Europe, since 1986 and specializes exclusively in the accommodation of people suffering from various forms of dementia.
The creator of the Sonnweid living model, Dr. Michael Schmieder, through his activities, had an impact on the global community by setting new standards for the moral treatment of PEOPLE with dementia.
Bachtelstrasse 68, CH-8620 Wetzikon
Tel: + 41 (0) 44 931 59 31 | Fax: + 41 (0) 44 931 59 39
Panhellenic Union of Elderly Care Units and the NGO 50+ Hellas
With European knowledge and experience, Nea Thalpi participates actively in the consolidation and development of aged care in Greece and is a member of the Panhellenic Union of Elderly Care Units and the NGO 50+ Hellas, which defend the rights of seniors in Greece and internationally (AGE-Platform, Eurolink AGE).